Enduro/X for Java is the open source implementation of the X/Open Application-to-Transaction Monitor Interface (XATMI) APIs for Java. It comprises a set of libraries and functionality which enables developers to create a modular multi-processing style Java Enterprise systems. It's easy-to-use server architecture and high flexibility makes Enduro/X the ideal choice for users just starting out to build Real-time, high availability, high performance cluster systems. Also as well as senior architects looking for a customizable middleware platform, either starting from scratch or migrating from other XATMI middlewares. Enduro/X for Java is good alternative to the declining Java EE middlewares, as Enduro/X in contrast provides simplicity - POJO based, multi-processing application server with support for distributed transactions.
Because it is Java-based, Enduro/X for Java is cross-platform, easy to install and use on any operating system that supports Java and Enduro/X middleware. The readily available source code is a powerful learning tool to debug the server and understand it. It also gives you the flexibility to create customized versions for your personal or business use.
Enduro/X Java package gives system building advantage to mix the programming languages in high performance solution. Currently Enduro/X supports C/C++ and Go. Either it is strategy to reuse legacy solution and continue future development in Java, or use at some points of the program feature from other languages which are necessary in solution, but not available in java.
Enduro/X provides single source for distributed transaction management, thanks to JDBC XA API, it is possible to perform two-phase commit over the all supported programming languages. For example transaction can be started in C++ code, some work can be done Java and Go, and C++ code decides should it commit or abort.
Details of the Enduro/X for Java product
The Enduro/X for Java product provides following features for the system developers and integrators:
- Lightweight middleware, as core is written in C thus the application server boot is lighting fast.
- Full availability of the XATMI APIs.
- Extended operations with UBF protocol buffer (marshal and unmarshal support).
- XATMI server executable type.
- XATMI client executable type.
- Java jar file compiler to executable. Thus streamline the program delivery where components are executables (as in C/C++ and go).
- Common logging framework.
- Common configuration framework.
- Full system and component monitoring.
- Benefit from Enduro/X Connect package for ultra simple web and tcp/ip connectivity.
- Fully unit-tested library with all APIs documented.
- … and lot more features which come from Enduor/X core.
License for Enduro/X for Java product in GNU Lesser General Public license v3.0 (LGPL v3) which permits the commercial use with out extra license. If support is required, Mavimax provides support at different levels.